Love Your Neighbor!

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

" And the second is like unto
it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor
as thyself." Matthew 22:39



Wow! This is the second greatest Command that the Lord gave us, and for me it is one of the hardest to keep. I seem to always come across love. The Lord has really been showing me how I need to have more compassion for others.
Reading about the Rich young ruler, was really convicting. Think about it for a minuet!? Would you (I) really be willing to give all I has away, and truly depend on God for everything. When I first thought about that, I started thinking about the things that are dearest to me.
To love our neighbor as our self, what does that really mean? Well reading on this Command, really opened my eyes. If we do not love our self, as in, happy with who we are. It is very hard to love someone, as our self.


Gentleness- Is supporting others during their times of weakness, so that they can achieve their full potential in the Lord.
"And the servant of the Lord
must not strive; but be gentle
unto all men, apt to teach,
patient," 2 Timothy 2:24

If we are a servant of the Lord, this verse says we are to be gentle. Gentleness is, I think, something that has to be learned. It is defently a learning proses for me! In order to have gentleness, we must look at, what we are doing as if, it was being done to us. In other words, would I want someone to treat me the way I am treating this person.
We (I) need to remember, they may be younger or not as mature in Christ as we are. Everyday life just as much as, spiritual life. Look at everything as eternal and not temporal.
"Set your affection on things
above, not on things on the
earth." Colossians 3:2


I think I needed this more than anyone else. So please pray that the Lord would make this a true change in my life?

1 comments:

Unknown February 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

Such a good reminder. Sometimes we become concentrated on what this world has to offer and we forget the eternal things. I'm sure we could all learn more about being gentle.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP