Follow Me

>> Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Something that God spoke to me about in this command was that in order to follow Him, I/we shouldn't have any unconfessed sin in our life.

"Follow Me" is a command, not a question, or a suggestion. There should be nothing in the way of our doing this. God loves us and wants us to follow Him because He knows what's ahead and has wonderful, unthinkable things in store for us. We don't want to be the one hindering God speaking to or blessing us.

Jeremiah 29:11 and 13 say,

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end... And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all of your heart...

I love those verses!! When we search for God and follow Him, we will find Him!

At my church we just finished a preachers conference, and one of the things that really stood out to me was that when the pastor was talking about Paul's death, he said, "In order to die like Paul you have to live like Paul." That really spoke to me. I want to be like Enoch in the Bible who "was not for God took Him", and Abraham, in that he talked with God and they had such an awesome relationship. And David, in that he had a heart after Gods own heart. Those are the three people that I want to be like. Enoch is my favorite character in the Bible, but I never thought much about his life but his death, and how much I just wanted to be "not because God took me".

So, with all that said, I need to live his life to have his death. Enoch walked with God without any Scriptures to tell him how to do it. He just did it. Isn't that amazing? We have the Bible and the Holy Spirit, but do we walk with God, do we follow Him and love Him with all of our heart? I know I don't, and sometimes I'm feel so discouraged and depressed because no matter how hard I try I still mess up!! And I think, how could God still love me? How could he want to have a relationship with me?

A couple of weeks ago, I just felt I couldn't pray to Him or have a relationship with Him, because compared to Him and He giving his son to die for people that don't love Him, and He dying and being flogged and his flesh torn and a many other things, I feel like my heartaches and my sufferings were nothing, and that I'm such a baby, and stupid, and just so unworthy and lower than the earth, how in the world could He still want me, and have a relationship with Him, much less follow Him? Thinking about it I feel so humbled and so unworthy!! His love is so incomprehensible! Plus He wants us to follow Him! He and His love are so amazing!

Never ever give up hope or think that you are just not enough for Him and that you can never measure up, and aren't good enough to follow Him. Prov.13:12 says,

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick, but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.


That verse showed me that I had lost my hope and was depressed and that I need to follow a desire and the only thing that can fulfill me the most is Christ. Now I am one of the happiest people I know. I am a tree of life!

Here are some verses that went with this command:
Psalm 63:8, Matthew 19: 28-29 and 2 Corinthians 4:1-4.

Proverbs 11:30 says...

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

I hope that you can read these verses and the surrounding ones and ask God to speak to you through them. When I started reading them I was just overwhelmed with all that God showed me. Whenever I open His Word He always has something waiting for me! Its so cool.

Thanks for letting me put my thoughts on display, and I hope and pray that God speaks to you all through some way and that you all might be blessed. Have a merry CHRISTmas!!!

--Elizabeth Nicolls

1 comments:

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Thank you for Sharing Lizzie.You are such a blessing. God is going to show you so much more about himself...and he is doing it for me too! Love you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP