Honor God's Law

>> Monday, December 14, 2009

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law,
or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but
to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven
and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no
pass from the law, till all be fulfills."
Matthew 5:17-18


The Lord showed me through this study, that I(we) need to have love, a large heart, to Honor his law. That was very convicting to me, because I tend to see the bad side in most everything! The Lord showed me that I have been like the Pharisees, trying to live by works, not having a relationship with Him. He gave me this verse:
"For all the law is fulfilled in one word,
even in this; Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself." Galatians 5:14


He also showed me that the entire Bible is the law from cover to cover, not just the Old Testament. I always thought, there was no need to read the Old Testament ( except Psalm and Proverbs). I am really excited about reading it and finding out new truths that the Lord is gonna show me!

David is the perfect example of a man who truly loved the Lord. If you just read Psalm 119, you can see how much David loved the law. He uses the word law twenty-five times, as you slowly read it and think about it, you see how he used other words that are similar to the law, as in the words; precepts, commandments, and statutes. He was truly a man after God's own heart.

The definition of Love is; "Giving to the basic needs of others so that their authorities get the credit, God gets the glory, and we have the joy of eternal rewards." Reading this made me think of Colossians 3. If we whole heartily seek those things which are above, we will naturally love others as Christ would love them. I need to learn to have true compassion for others, not see how they are, but see what they might need ( as in Christ's gift of Love).

Here are some verses that I am gonna work on, hiding in my heart.

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I
might not sin against thee" Psalm 119:11


"For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our
lawgiver, the Lord is our king; He will
save us." Isaiah 33:22


"All scripture is given by inspiration of
God, and is profitable for doctrine, for
reproof, for correction, for instruction
in righteousness: That the man of God
may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto
all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Please pray that I would have Christ's love towards others.
I am also gonna memorize Psalm 119.

2 comments:

Unknown December 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Jordin,
Thanks for tying in love with honoring God's law.I had never seen it that way before, but now I realize how true it is. I too tend to dwell on the negative, so I think that is an area we could pray for each other in. Sometimes it is difficult to recognize how God is going to use a bad thing in our life for His glory. Thanks for sharing with us! You have blessed me again and again!

Grace Grindall December 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

Thank you so much Jordin for that straight forward post on honoring God's law. When I read it I felt like you were sitting right across from me and sharing your heart. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
I too had never connected honoring God's law with love and now I'm inspired even more to memorize God's word. Is there a possibility that you would be willing to let me memorize Psalm 119 with you? We could help keep each other accountable.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP