Do Not Cast Pearls

>> Monday, January 4, 2010

"Give not that which is unto the dogs,
niether cast ye your pearls before
swine, lest they trample them under
thier feet, and turn again and rend
you." Matthew 7:6




While I was studing this Command I could not get having wisdom out of my mind. You have to have alot of wisdom to know if you are Casting your pearls before swine. I have been praying and asking the Lord for even a tenth of Solomon's wisdom. Remember the WWJD fad, I was reminded tonight in family devotions that although this was a fad, it had (has) the true meaning of wisdom, living your life as Jesus would. Wow! That goes back to the chapter that we (I) am memorizing (Col.3). Is God awesome or what! Everything always goes together, I am studying about wisdom, my family does devotions on wisdom, and I amd memorizing Col. 3, which tells us how to get wisdom!
This Command is also all about discipleship, knowing when and how to share the truth with someone. The Pearl of great price is very precious and we do not need to use it unwisely. God has really showed me that I need to start sharing with others the pearl of great price. My biggest fear has been, that I would cast my pearls before swine and they would rend me. Please pray that God would show me those that are ready for the truth.

"Smite a scorner, and the simple will
beware: and reprove one that hath
understanding, and he will understand
knowledge." Proverbs 19:25

The lord also showed me that I really need Discretion. It does not come easy for me to have a right attitude, even when someone has offended me, or just plain annoys me. That is what Discretion is all about, having the wisdom to have the right attitudes, words,and/or actions when we are feeling pressured.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP