Fear Not

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

"And fear not them which kill
the body, but are not able to
kill the soul: but rather fear
him which is able to destroy
both soul and body in hell."
Matthew 10:28




It is so amazing how God directs every little thing that we do. Last Sunday, the day before I started to study this command, we watched "The Snake Story" by Otto Konning. Well he started off talking about yielding your rights, and then how fear over took the people of Papua
New Guinea. As I was studying this Command it reminded me of yielding our rights, because if nothing is ours, then we have nothing to fear. Also I was reminded of how fear takes over our lives.

" I, even I, am he that comforteth
you: who art thou, that thou
shouldest be afraid of a man
that shall die, and of the son
of man that shall be made as
grass." Isaiah 51:12


Wow! This verse really made me stop and think. One of the biggest fears in my life was mans approval. To read this verse and think, the people whom I feared are gonna be as grass one day, God whom I didn't fear will live forever, and is the King of everything and everyone! God really showed me through this verse how serious he is about us (me) fearing Him. How can I fear someone who will, after I die, have really no part in my life (that is if they do not fear God).
Next time I am worried about what I look like, how I talk, or how I act, I'm gonna think would God really be pleased with me!

"There is no fear in love; but perfect
love casteth out fear: because fear
hath torment. He that feareth is not
made perfect in love."
1 John 4:18


Instead of having fear of man, we must reverence God, and then we will have love for man. This verse reminds me of William Tyndale's last words, he said, "Lord, open the king of England's eyes." He had such fear of God that he loved the man who had him put to death, even when he was dying. Wow! To be like William Tyndale. Please pray that God would show me how to have such fear of Him, that I would love everyone?!

Jordin

4 comments:

Unknown January 26, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

Wow Jordin, that was an AMAZING post! God's Holy Spirit really led you through that because I too struggle so much with that and Its hard to admit it. Thank you for your humility in sharing this with us. It really applied to my life and you have some of my favorite verses in there. Maybe we could keep each other accountable weekly or bi-weekly via email? I'd love to keep in touch with you more thoroughly. I talked to Susanna yesterday for a long tome btw. She told me you were doing well.
Love you!

HicksHappnins January 27, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

Hannah,
That would be great, to keep in touch more often. My mom is the one who always reminds me, that we need to have an audience of one. I will be looking forward to keeping each other accountable. Much love and miss you girl!
Jordin

Unknown January 27, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

Great. I may not always respond that promptly to emails b/c I don't have my own, so I have to get my mom to log me onto hers, but I am looking forward to it and hopefully we can stay on track with this.
Love you too!

HicksHappnins January 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

I will try and be patience;)! Lokking forward to it also.
Love ya back,
Jordin

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP